Harry and Martha Cohen Award
2017 Harry & Martha Cohen Award Call for Nominations
Since 1984, Alberta Theatre Projects has been proud to partner with the Cohen family to present The Harry and Martha Cohen Award for significant and sustained contribution to theatre in Calgary.
Do you know someone who is an inspiration in our theatre community in Calgary?
Is there someone who continually inspires you? Does this person set the bar in terms of their passion and commitment to our theatrical community in Calgary? Do they ALWAYS go above and beyond; mentor, coach, etc. ? This person may be a leader onstage, offstage or backstage; an actor, director, playwright, designer, administrator, philanthropist, dramaturge, manager, teacher, technician or volunteer.
Do you want them to know how vital their contribution is and how deeply they are appreciated?
We will gather at the closing night performance of 1979, by Michael Healey on Saturday, April 22nd , 2017. The award ceremony will take place following the performance. At that ceremony the recipient will be honoured with a cash prize of $1500 and a framed certificate. Additionally, the recipient’s name will be added to the list of our past honourees and inscribed on a scroll that hangs in our lobby in Martha’s Corner.
It will take very little of your time to nominate a theatre champion!
To nominate an inspirational theatre champion, simply download and fill out the form linked below.
- A 250-400 word statement must accompany the nomination – but that’s always easy to create when someone deserves recognition.
- Outline the reason for the nomination and make direct reference to the nature in which the nominee has made a significant and sustained contribution to theatre in Calgary.
Nominations should also include:
- A resume of the nominee.
- At least 2 letters of support.
- Any other documentation deemed useful in assessing the qualifications of the nominee.
- Anyone can be a nominator or seconder. Applications will not be returned.
- Please limit submissions to 8 pages maximum.
- All nominations remain eligible for two years.
- Nominations are being accepted from now until Friday, March 10th, 2017 at 5 pm.
The nominations will be reviewed by an anonymous, independent jury. Jury members have various backgrounds and connections to the Calgary theatre community.
** Please note: only the chosen recipient will be contacted. The nominator and seconder of the 2017 recipient will be invited to attend both the production of 1979 and the ceremony that follows.
Thank you for taking the time to help us celebrate extraordinary leaders in our community and for your continued support of theatre in Calgary! We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information please contact Kathryn Kerbes, Donor Relations and Special Events Manager at
403-294-7475 ext. 2345 or kkerbes@ATPlive.com